According to last.fm and my memory the following list of my favourite albums and artists of 2019 is representative:
Top albums 2019
- Napalm Death – From Enslavement to Obliteration
- Sissy Spacek – Ways of Confusion
- Brutal Truth – End Time
- Pavel Chekov – How Do You Tell People You Have Emotional Baggage from the Breakup of the Soviet Union
- Crass – Best Before 1984
- Gruesome Stuff Relish – Teenage Giallo Grind + Cannibal Ferox Demo
- Terveet Kädet – Terveet Kädet
- World – World
- Cloud Rat – Pollinator
- Noisear – Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
- Iron Lung – Life. Iron Lung. Death.
- Heresy – Face Up to It
- Pig Destroyer – Head Cage
- Deaf Kids – Metaprogramação
- Magrudergrind – II
- Black Sabbath – Master of Reality
- General Surgery – A Collection of Depravation
- John Wiese – Teenage Hallucination: 1992-1999
- Daughters – You Won’t Get What You Want
- Morbid Angel – Blessed Are the Sick
- Machetazo – Sinfonías Del Terror Ciego
- Full of Hell – Weeping Choir
- Nø Man – Devils Cast Long Shadows
- Ulver – Bergtatt
- Insect Warfare – World Extermination
Top artists 2019
- Napalm Death
- Cloud Rat
- Sissy Spacek
- Terveet Kädet
- Brutal Truth
- Pavel Chekov
- Gruesome Stuff Relish
- Iron Lung
- Insect Warfare
- Melt Banana
- Pig Destroyer
- Cryptic Slaughter
- Black Sabbath
- Hatred Surge
- Full of Hell
- Beastie Boys
- Celtic Frost
This is a record you want, if you are at all into noisy stuff. Sedem Minút Strachu – or Seven Minutes of Fear – is the shit for me these days.
This 12″ will no doubt be a classic of the genre.
And buy it here: http://www.atwarwithfalsenoise.com
It’s all about Final Exit these days. I just got this cd in the mail today, 12 tracks of the Final Exit bits of various split releases. Very catchy and intense stuff here. Sound is brutal, and the playing too. And I mustn’t forget to mention the one minute long feedback that opens the cd. Goddammit I hate high notes, but here it has it’s place. Of the recordings here, I only knew the split with Gonkulator previously.
Super funny fast and noisy stuff here. Go get this baby! Yeah!
This is one of the best things that happened record wise last year. It’s just a 7″ record – single sided even, but crammed full of western themed noise and groovy country.
Final Exit are a great Japanese band, and after stumbling over this on my facebook stream, I have hunted down some other goodies from them. This record is released on The Child With No Name and Fat Ass Records. I can only urge you to visit both labels’ sites, as there are multiple goodies there!
I have made a spotify playlist of the stuff I’ve listened to the most during the last year. Enjoy: https://open.spotify.com/user/113192134/playlist/09JjIEXbZP9b9C9TvSx4pi
If you aren’t a spotify user, here is the list:
- Napalm Death: Prison Without Walls
- Sissy Spacek: Flipside Drifter
- Noisear: Breaking Bad At The Mulberry
- Wormrot: Exit Fear
- Nails: Made To Make You Fail
- Mortician:: Brutalized
- General Surgery: Viva! Blunt Force Trauma
- ACXDC: Milk Was A Bad Choice
- Regurgitate: Upheaval Of Human Entrails
- Insect Warfare: Mind Ripper
- Wadge: Programmed Deviation
- Extreme Noise Terror: Conned Through Life
- Cloud Rat: Rusting Belt
- Messiah: Future Aggressor
- Slayer: The Final Command
- Carcass: Fermenting Innards
- Mulatu Astatke: Shagu
- Cows: Contamination
- Amon Amarth: One Against All
- Avulsed: Restitire (Baron Rojo)
- Abbath: Ashes Of The Damned
- Mercyful Fate: Welcome Princes Of Hell
- Destruction: Bestial Invasion
- Bathory: For All Those Who Died
- Tribulation: The Motherhood Of God
- Lana Del Rey: Honeymoon
- Sodom: My Atonement
- Anaal Nathrakh: Powerslave (Iron Maiden)
- Agoraphobic Nosebleed: Not A Daughter
- Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard: Y Proffwyd Dwyll
My relationship with Wadge goes back about 10-12 years, I was (and am) very much into drum-machine-driven grindcore, and as you might be aware, Wadge is exactly that.
At one point, I contacted Wadge via their MySpace, and was very excited to actually get an answer from Paul Wadge. We agreed to make a split between Wadge and my band Kusari Gama Kill, and Jay Randall of Agoraphobic Nosebleed fame agreed to release it on a new label he was planning, namely Grindcore Karaoke. The split was never made, but Paul and I kept in touch. He is a very nice man, and I still hope to shake hands with him one day.
Wadge has had a Tiki-theme going on for quite some time now, and it has been good fun, and great grind. But on this new album called The End of Ethnology, and is 100% Tiki-Free. As the liner notes go:
“This album is for those who value the ability to freely speak your mind over the modern worry of tiptoeing through the misguided muck of feelings. The anti-fascists have become the fascists. Modern day witch hunters trampling through life with stakes in their eyes. Redefining language and soothsaying thought. No one is immune from their delusional social arson, but only you can decide whether or not you burn. Stop, drop and roll, motherfuckers.
This album is for our comrades around the world. Oceans and miles separate us, but the affinity for this wretched filth keeps us close.”
Musically this is Wadge in top-shape. The songs are lean and hungry snippets of grind. I love the production too, the best sounding Wadge record I know of.
I urge you to acquire this slap of plastic before it is sold out. Mortville has released it, and you can get it at the link below.
All there’s left to say, is: Take it sleazy, all the breast.